Balancing face-time with other options

• Balancing face-time with other options

Anthony Armstrong created 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Anthony Armstrong

Organizer
    March 30, 2020 at 11:56 am

Several people have asked, “How do you balance face-to-face time with other learning options, so that families, students, and teachers are not overwhelmed?”

• Melinda George

March 31, 2020 at 7:47 am

Zooming has become a verb and, for now, it is our face to face reality. I am hearing from my own college age children that synchronous learning is critically important for keeping them engaged and motivated. Wherever they have classes during which they are interacting with their professors they come in talking about what they learned. When they are watching a video of a lecture, they are worried that they are not getting it. How to find the balance?

• Sharron Helmke

April 10, 2020 at 6:45 am

Recently I was working with a group of K-12 coaches who mentioned an increasing number of parents commenting that students were spending too much time in front of their computers and that the work was too repetitive.  The coaches responded by challenging teachers to design at least one lesson per week that took students away from their computers to do hands on learning and report the results.  Extra points for activities that created fun engagement for the entire family!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now