Psychological safety and COVID-19

• Psychological safety and COVID-19

James Martin created 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • James Martin

April 16, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Hey there! I just joined the group and wanted to see if I can drum up some conversation around psychological safety during this time. I wrote the article about “Teaching Without Fear” in this month’s THE LEARNING PROFESSIONAL. I think crises like the one we are in highlight where our strengths and our weaknesses actually are. I have seen teams that have embraced the challenge of remote learning and viewed it as an opportunity, and I have seen teams that are constantly worried about how to take the next step–worried that they might be doing it wrong. Some have stuck with their traditional materials while others have broadened out with more creativity. What level of psychological safety have you all seen in your organizations as its played out in the context of a worldwide pandemic?  

• Suzanne Bouffard

April 20, 2020 at 10:54 am

Hi, Jim. Thanks for starting this important discussion. What do you think are some of the important considerations for maintaining and promoting psychological safety in an online/ distance environment? This seems both very important (because many of us are navigating new responsibilities and taking new risks now) and challenging (because some of our usual social cues and relationship-building strategies are not available right now).  

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now