What is the Learning Forward Academy?
The Learning Forward Academy is an extended and profound learning experience that immerses members in a model of inquiry- and problem-based learning. Academy members work collaboratively to gain knowledge to solve significant student learning problems in their schools, districts, or organizations.
The Learning Forward Academy seeks to understand individual members’ needs and then assist them in meeting objectives through a collaborative learning environment and the support of experienced coaches.
The academy provides an integrated toolbox that empowers members to:
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies for improved educator practice;
- Become the professional learning subject-matter experts for their organizations;
- Successfully implement professional learning in their environment; and ultimately
- Increase student achievement.
Benefits to participating members of the Academy:
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend Learning Forward’s 2018 and 2019 Annual Conferences on us and be inspired by and network with industry experts and peers (–a $1,446 value!);
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for 3 years—to advance the professional development journey (a $449 value!); and
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward’s Annual Conference.
Academy Class of 2020 team-based community learning days and graduation:
- Session One: July 20-22, 2018, in Portland, OR
- Session Two: Dec. 2018 at our Annual Conference in Dallas, TX
- Session Three: July 2019, location TBD
- Session Four: Dec. 6 – 8, 2019 at our Annual Conference in St. Louis, MO
- Session Five: Dec. 6, 2020, location TBD
- Tuition for the Learning Forward Academy is $3850 for the 2½ year program which includes 12 learning days (continental
- breakfast and lunch provided), telephone and web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for two Annual Conferences, a formal graduation upon completion, and a 3-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.